An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
- Benjamin Franklin
Annual Maintenance is Important!
- All manufacturers recommend annual maintenance on their equipment.
- Safety first! Carbon monoxide, loose/shorted electrical wires and connections, pests, mold and mildew can all pose unnecessary risk to people, pets and property.
- Your heating and cooling system is arguably one of the most expensive and critical components in your home and one you’ll ‘FEEL’ the most when it’s not operating.
- Service calls can be expensive: The average service repair cost is approximately $318.00.
- The most energy efficient system will not perform as advertised if not maintained.
- Lack of maintenance is the number one killer of furnaces and ACs.
- Catastrophic repairs can often be avoided.
DIY Maintenance Tips
- Change your Furnace Filter Regularly
- 1” Filters - monthly
- 4” Filters - quarterly to semi-annually
- Keep supply and return registers throughout the house open and unobstructed.
- Annually rinse the outdoor condenser coil with a garden house.
- Visually inspect exterior intake and exhaust pipes to ensure they are free of debris and upright.
- Change your thermostat batteries semi-annually.